How has everyone’s week been? Not too much going on in this neck of the woods! I’m working on putting together lots of content for you guys for the holidays! Today I wanted to talk about Fall staples. When we first moved, we stayed with my in-laws for a little over a month. I had to pack up majority of my closet so I only had access to basic pieces for everyday wear. During that time, I found myself wearing the same things over again but in different ways. I honestly liked it that way because I didn’t have so many choices to pick from everyday. Even though my days consist of running after a toddler and picking up after him everyday, I still enjoy getting myself dressed everyday even if it is just leggings. I usually will put on a little makeup or depending upon the type of errands I have to run that day, I may throw on jeans and a casual top. My point to that is if you have a few basic pieces to work with and switch in and out, then you can make a few different outfits without feelings like you are wearing the same thing over and over. So here are a few staple pieces for fall that include a few accessories and shoes that will get you through the whole season. I really kept it to a minimum but if you want to see more work wear pieces, I would love to put together a post for that! Let me know in the comments! A lot of these pieces are great for the holidays and can easily be dressed up with a fun pair of earrings or statement necklace. I actually own 4 of these pieces, 2 of them I have been having for at least 2 years!
- Turtleneck knit dress – I love a good sweater dress for fall and winter. They are so cozy with leggings and boots/booties and can be worn for so many different occasions. You can belt them with a fun leopard belt like I have listed as number 5 to dress up or throw a vest over it to dress it down.
- Quilted jacket – These quilted jackets are so nice to have around when it gets cooler and can be worn year after year. This one comes in 3 colors!
- Convertible neckline fleece tunic – I have shared this tunic before but I wanted to again because it’s definitely a staple piece that I will keep around for years. I purchased it last year and have already worn it twice this year. It can be worn off the shoulders or as a cowl neck and is long enough to wear with leggings! It comes in 8 colors!
- Open front sweater – I have this one in 2 colors and wear them all the time! Even just around my house when I’m chilly. These are so versatile and so easy to throw on a different tee underneath to change it up. You can easily dress this up with heels for a date night.
- Leopard belt – I have been searching for my leopard belt since the move and it’s just no where to be found. I saw this one at Target the other day and took it home with me. You can do so much with a leopard belt to change up an outfit. I love this one and it’s such a great price!
- Flare sleeve sweater – I have talked about flare sleeve sweaters and how popular they are right now. This one comes in 5 colors and is under $40!
- Quilted sherpa vest – I saw this one in the store the other day and it looks so nice. Like much more expensive than it really is. Ya’ll know my loves for vests and this one can be worn with so much – jeans, leggings, over a dress! And I love the trim detail and also comes in black.
- Skinny jeans – A good pair of jeans to dress up or dress down is a must have.
- Long sleeve dress – Long sleeve dresses like these one are great to have handy. They are great to dress up with heels and a statement necklace or throw on for a Sunday brunch with booties and a vest. Super versatile!
- Over the knee boots – I cannot say enough good things about these boots! The first time I saw them in the store I loved them but didn’t get them. I kept thinking about them for the whole week and when I went back to get them they were still there! I will be wearing these all throughout the holiday season with sweaters and dresses. Love them and they are super comfy too!
- Suede block heel sandals – A nice black heel is great to have around not only year round but for the holidays as well. This heel will be perfect to wear with all of your holiday dresses!
- Split booties – We all know booties can be pricey but these look identical to ones I have seen for well over $100 and they are under $35! With the low heel they can be worn with so many different outfits!
- Drop earrings – I got these earrings a few years ago and wear them all the time! So fun to wear with an everyday outfit or to dress up with a dress for a date night or holiday party.
- Plaid scarf – I love having a plaid scarf handy for those days when you just don’t know what to wear. Throw a plaid scarf over a plain sweater, tee or dress and you are put together and ready to go! This one just screams fall with it’s colors!
- Foldover clutch – Having a nice clutch on hand is a must. I always grab mine when going to dinner and this one will be great to have for holiday parties. Because who wants to walk in and hold a massive purse the entire night?! At under $15 this one will last you for years!
So after putting all of this together, I didn’t include a basic tee which is always a must for layering under cardigans, vests etc. I have this long sleeve tee in black and white and love it!
Have a great day!